The U.S. Patented* MC Luminary Multizone® is one cable that contains all the power and control conductors under one armor! One multi-zone cable can replace up to three traditional luminary cables or three power and three control cables.
MC Luminary MultiZone is the newest version in the MC Luminary Cable family of products.
These cables are designed for daylight harvesting trends that seek to save energy and reduce power costs by dimming lights proportionally to the availability of natural light. MC Luminary MultiZone complies with California Title 24 Energy Efficiency Standards for Residential and Nonresidential Buildings and other energy saving lighting designs. One of the most innovative aspects of this product is that one MC Luminary MultiZone cable can replace up to three traditional MC Luminary cables or three power and three control pair cables. In addition, this cable can be used as a homerun cable when using a centralized lighting control unit.
The cables are offered with multiple PVC jacket color options that are matched to the power conductor colors for easy identification during installation. By combining all required conductors and phases under one armor, MC Luminary MultiZone can replace up to three individual cable runs, increasing productivity and reducing labor and installation costs. This is an economical wiring method designed with the contractor in mind.
Unlike wireless controls that use radio frequency or Wi-Fi to control dimming, MC Luminary MultiZone offers a secure hard-wired system that eliminates any potential concerns about unauthorized network intrusion. MC Luminary MultiZone cables are compliant with all applicable codes and UL standards, compatible with 0-10 volt DC solid state lighting control systems, and digital signal compatible.
With controls for up to three dimming zones, MC Luminary MultiZone is the first product specifically designed to meet California Title 24 requirements for dimming capabilities, automatic controls in daylight harvesting areas, and automatically reducing lighting power in response to a demand response event.
In 2017, MC Luminary MultiZone was awarded Product of the Year in the Wire and Cable Category by EC&M Magazine.
For more information on how this product works, read our blog post on daylight harvesting, or view our product video below.
*U.S. Patent No. 10,431,35
MC Luminary MultiZone Cable Patent Pending
- Efficient – 1 multi-zone cable can replace up to 3 traditional luminary cables or 3 power and 3 control cables
- Productive – 1 cable with all the power and control conductors under one armor
- Secure – Hard wired lighting control system reduces the threat of intrusion
- Save energy – Reduce consumption with dimmable lighting
- Save money – Daylight harvesting dims lighting proportional to natural light
- California Title 24 friendly with control for up to 3 dimming zones
- Compliant with all applicable UL codes and standards
- Compatible with 0-10 volt DC solid state lighting control systems
- Digital signal compatible
- Armor: Interlocking Aluminum Strip
- Conductors: Solid Copper
- Conductor Insulation
- THHN (Power)
- TFN (Control)
- MAximum Temperature Rating: 90˚C (Dry)
- Neutral Conductor:
- White 120/208V
- Gray 277/480V
- Control Cable: 16 AWG Solid TFN Twisted jacketed pair (Purple/Gray) See table below for jacket colors
- Maximum Temperature Rating: 600V
View the MC Luminary Cable Brochure »
REFERENCES & RATINGS
- *U.S. Patent No. 10,431,35
- UL 66, 83, 1479, 1569, 1581, 2556, File Reference E80042
- NEC 250.118, 300.22(C), 392, 396, 330, 501, 502, 503, 530, 504,505, 518, 520, 530, 645, 725
- Federal Specification A-A-59544 (formerly J-C-30B)
- Meets all applicable OSHA and HUD Requirements
- Cable Tray Rated, install per NEC
- UL Classified 1, 2, and 3 hour through penetration (Fire Stop) product, R14141
- Environmental Air-Handling Space Installation per NEC 300.22(C)
- Power and/or lighting as well as signal and/or control conductors per NEC Section 725.136(I)(1)
- Made in USA of US and/or imported materials
|REELS 250||REELS 1,000||CONTROL CABLE||TRADE SIZE||PHASE||NEUTRAL||GROUND||#colspan||APPROX. WEIGHT LBS/1,000ft||APPROX. ARMOR O.D. (IN)|
|18LB-44-500||18LB-60-500||16-2||Purple, Gray 1 TPJ Black, Jacket||12-1||Black||12-1||White||12-1||Green||201||0.738|
|16-2||Purple, Gray 1 TPJ Red, Jacket|
|18LB-44-501||18LB-60-501||16-2||Purple, Gray 1 TPJ Brown, Jacket||12-1||Brown||12-1||Gray||12-1||Green||201||0.738|
|16-2||Purple, Gray 1 TPJ Orange, Jacket|
|18LS-44-501||18LS-60-501||16-2||Purple, Gray 1 TPJ Brown, Jacket||12-1||Brown||12-1||Gray||12-1||Green||260||0.842|
|16-2||Purple, Gray 1TPJ Orange, Jacket|
|16-2||Purple, Gray 1TPJ Yellow, Jacket|
|18LC-44-501||18LC-60-501||16-2||Purple, Gray 1 TPJ Brown, Jacket||12-2||Brown||12-1||Gray||12-1||Green||241||0.795|
|16-2||Purple, Gray 1TPJ Orange, Jacket||Orange|
|18LD-44-501||18LD-60-501||16-2||Purple, Gray 1 TPJ Brown, Jacket||12-3||Brown||12-1||Gray||12-1||Green||315||0.902|
|16-2||Purple, Gray 1TPJ Orange, Jacket||Orange|
|16-2||Purple, Gray 1TPJ Yellow, Jacket||Yellow|
|NEUTRAL PER PHASE|
|18LP-44-501||18LP-60-501||16-2||Purple, Gray 1 TPJ Brown, Jacket||12-2||Brown||12-2||Gray||12-1||Green||271||0.833|
|16-2||Purple, Gray 1TPJ Orange, Jacket||Orange||Gray|
- Other custom constructions available, also available with steel armor, subject to minimums and manufacturing lead-times; contact your AFC Representative for more information.
- MC Luminary Cable is intended for use in non shielded applications