MC Luminary HCF™ is a hospital grade cable for patient care areas for LED and Fluorescent dimming, utilizing redundant ground per NEC 517.13.
MC Luminary HCF™ is the healthcare version of our standard MC Luminary Cable™ with the addition of the redundant ground required for NEC 517.13. Both the armor and the full sized aluminum ground/bonding conductor, in combination with the full sized green insulated copper grounding conductor, act as the equipment grounding means per NEC 250.0118(10)(b). This provides the necessary redundancy to ensure the highest level of safety in patient care areas.
The new lighting control wire design responds to the rapidly increasing use of solid state LED and fluorescent lighting fixtures in healthcare applications. Dimming systems in patient areas can reduce lighting costs by automatically turning off the lights when the room is empty, or reducing the amount of light to ensure the comfort of patients.
Painted green to identify it for healthcare applications, MC Luminary HCF™ reduces time and labor to install by combining power and control circuits under one armor. In addition, AFC has reduced installation time by extruding the protective polypropylene covering directly over the THHN insulation to eliminate the need to remove it from around the assembly.
Additional MC Luminary Cable™ options are also available, including our traditional MC Luminary Cable™ and MC Luminary MultiZone™. Our blog article on cabling in areas of patient care has more detail on NEC 517 and options for wring in these areas. You can also watch the video below to learn more.
For instructions on how to terminate the aluminum ground/bond wire in conjunction with the armor, refer to our MC Stat® installation guide.
MC Luminary HCF™ Lite Cables US Patent No. 8,088,997 & Patent Pending
Type MC-PCS Health Care Facilities Cable (Aluminum)
- Approved for use in patient care areas per NEC 517.13
- May be surface mounted, fished and/or embedded in plaster
- Save up to 30% labor and installation costs compared to traditional wiring methods
- Parallel bonding/grounding conductor for faster termination
- Armor: Interlocked Aluminum Strip (Light green striped)
- Conductors: Solid/Stranded Copper
- Conductor Insulation:
- THHN + Protective Polypropylene Cover (Power)
- TFN (Control)
- Maximum Temperature Rating: 90°C (Dry)
- Grounding: Two grounding means
- Combined armor and full-sized aluminum ground conductor
- Full-sized green insulated copper grounding conductor NEC® 250.118(10)(b)
- Neutral Conductor:
- White 120/208V
- Gray 277/480V
- Control Cables: 16 AWG Solid TFN Twisted Blue jacketed pair (Purple/Gray)
- Maximum Voltage Rating: 600V
View the MC Luminary Cable™ Brochure »
REFERENCES & RATINGS
- UL® 66, 83, 1479, 1569, 1581, 2556, File Reference E80042
- NEC 330, 250.118, 300.22(C), 392, 396, 330, 501, 502, 503, 530, 504, 505, 517, 518, 520, 530, 645, 690.31(E), 725
- Permits conductors of control circuits to be placed in a cable with conductors of electric light, power, or Class 1 circuits
- Federal Specification A-A-59544 (formerly J-C-30B)
- Meets all applicable OSHA and HUD Requirements
- Cable Tray Rated, install per NEC
- UL® Classified 1, 2, and 3 hour through penetration (Fire Stop) product, R14141
- Environmental Air-Handling Space Installation per NEC 300.22(C)
- Power and/or lighting as well as signal and/or control conductor per NEC Section 725.136(I)(1)
- Made in USA of US and/or imported materials
- U.S. Patent No. 8,088,997 & Patent Pending
|PRODUCT CODE 250FT COIL||PRODUCT CODE 1000 FT REEL||TRADE SIZE||Stock/ Made to Order||Copper Conductor Type||Grounding Conductor AWG Color||Bare Alum. Bondin/Bond Cond. AWG||LENFTH (FT) COIL||LENFTH (FT) REEL||APPROX/WEIGHTT LBS/1000 FT||APPROX OD INCHES|
|HCF MC LUMINARY SOLID|
|LH04-42-500||LH04-60-500||16-2 (1TPJ) (Purple, Gray) 12-2 (Black, White)||Stock||Solid||12 (Green)||10||250||1000||196.8||0.708|
|LH04-42-504||LH04-60-504||16-2 (1TPJ) (Purple, Gray) 12-2 (Red, White)||Made to Order||Solid||12 (Green)||10||250||1000||196.8||0.708|
|LH04-42-505||LH04-60-505||16-2 (1TPJ) (Purple, Gray) 12-2 (Blue, White)||Made to Order||Solid||12 (Green)||10||250||1000||196.8||0.708|
|LH04-42-501||LH04-60-501||16-2 (1TPJ) (Purple, Gray) 12-2 (Brown, Gray)||Stock||Solid||12 (Green)||10||250||1000||196.8||0.708|
|LH04-42-502||LH04-60-502||16-2 (1TPJ) (Purple, Gray) 12-2 (Orange, Gray)||Made to Order||Solid||12 (Green)||10||250||1000||196.8||0.708|
|LH04-42-503||LH04-60-503||16-2 (1TPJ) (Purple, Gray) 12-2 (Yellow, Gray)||Made to Order||Solid||12 (Green)||10||250||1000||196.8||0.708|
|LH05-42-500||LH05-60-500||16-2 (1TPJ) (Purple, Gray) 12-3 (Black, Red, White)||Stock||Solid||12 (Green)||10||250||1000||226.9||0.739|
|LH05-42-501||LH05-60-501||16-2 (1TPJ) (Purple, Gray) 12-3 (Brown, Orange Gray)||Made to Order||Solid||12 (Green)||10||250||1000||226.9||0.739|
|LH07-42-500||LH07-60-500||16-2 (1TPJ) (Purple, Gray) 10-2 (Black, White)||Stock||Solid||10 (Green)||10||250||1000||256.4||0.783|
|LH07-42-501||LH07-60-501||16-2 (1TPJ) (Purple, Gray) 10-2 (Brown, Gray)||Made to Order||Solid||10 (Green)||10||250||1000||256.4||0.783|
|HCF MC LUMINARY STRANDED|
|LH58-42-500||LH58-60-500||16-2 (1TPJ) (Purple, Gray) 12-2 (Black, White)||Stock||Stranded||12 (Green)||10||250||1000||202.4||0.725|
- Use with fitting listed and marked for use with MCI-A
- Other custom constructions available, also available with steel armor, subject to minimums and manufacturing lead-times; contact your AFC Representative for more information.
- MC Luminary Cable™ is intended for use in non shielded applications
- * Subject to miniums and manufacturing lead times