This specification covers AFC Cable Systems®, Inc. LIQUID-TUFF™ Liquidtight UL®TRAFLEX™ (1) RECOGNIZED COMPONENT EXTRAFLEXIBLE NON-METALLIC MECHANICAL PROTECTION TUBING and (2) NON-UL® EXTRA-FLEXIBLE NON-METALLIC CONDUIT.
(1) LIQUID-TUFF™ Liquidtight UL®TRAFLEX™ RECOGNIZED COMPONENT EXTRA FLEXIBLE NON-METALLIC MECHANICAL PROTECTION TUBING is designed for use in connection with the support of and protection of insulated wires, placed within the tubing, that are used to interconnect separate component assemblies or consoles of electrical apparatus, such as x-ray equipment. Use of the combination is to be determined by Underwriters Laboratories Inc. The acceptable use of this material is limited to the following conditions:
- This tubing may be used for the routing of internal wiring between electrical components of electrical equipment. The protection afforded to the internal wiring by the tubing may be considered equivalent to the protection afforded the internal conductors by the jacket of a Type SJT flexible cord.
- The tubing is suitable for use at a maximum temperature of 60°C.
- The tubing and manufacturer’s supplied fittings were not tested to determine flammability rating per UL® 224.
- The tubing shall be terminated at each end of the consoles or appliances to which connected to provide strain relief to withstand a 35-pound pull for 1.0 minute. Fittings available from the manufacturer met this requirement.
- The percent fill of the tubing with conductors shall not exceed 75% where percent fill is defined as: Percent Fill = Area of Enclosed Conductors x 100/Internal Area of Tubing Fill Factor.
- The minimum bend radius shall not be less than the outside diameter of the tubing.
- The manufacturer’s fittings were subjected to the Oil Spray Test in accordance with UL® 514B.
- As this tubing and manufacturer supplied fittings are to be Recognized as a Component, final acceptance will be determined in terms of the combination of component and appliance as determined by Underwriters Laboratories Inc., regarding such characteristics as flammability; degree of bending or flexing; resistance to water, oil and abrasion; and physical strength.
(2) LIQUID-TUFF™ Liquidtight UL®TRAFLEX™ NON-UL® EXTRA-FLEXIBLE Non-Metallic CONDUIT is designed for use in wet, dry or oily locations as a flame resistant, Non-Metallic raceway for power, control and communications cables. The product is intended for use at 60°C (140°F) in a dry location, 60°C (140°F) in a wet location
(1) Non-UL® liquidtight raceway
(2) component, extra-flexible Non-Metallic mechanical protection tubing
- Corrugated flame resistant PVC with integral reinforcing member
- Non-conductive raceway – black
- Recognized component for use in protection of insulated wire in assemblies or consoles of electrical apparatus. Use is to be determined by Underwriters Laboratories Inc.
- Non-UL® liquidtight raceway
LIQUID-TUFF™ Liquidtight UL®TRAFLEX™ MECHANICAL PROTECTION TUBING/CONDUIT has a circular cross section with a smooth polyvinyl chloride (PVC) inner surface and an integral reinforcing member within the conduit wall.
- 60°C Dry
- 60°C Wet and oily
References & Ratings
- recognized component Liquidtight Mechanical Protection
- Tubing under UL® File Number E79977
- UL®1696 Standard for Non-Metallic Mechanical Protection Tubing
- CSA File LL69271
- CSA C22.2 No. 227.3
Where applicable a separate grounding conductor is required for all trade sizes.
The product marking is contained on the outer carton.
The completed LIQUID-TUFF™ Liquidtight UL®TRAFLEX™ TUBING and CONDUIT shall meet the performance requirements outlined below.
- Heat Aging Test
- Cold Bend Test
- Heat Shock Test
- Crush Test
- Impact Test
- Oil Spray Test
- CSA C22.3 No. 227.3
- Non-metallic Mechanical Protection Tubing
- UL® E79977
- CSA 69271
|Product Code||Trade Size (inches)||Trade Size (mm)||Coil Length (feet)||Reel Length (feet)||Approx. Weight/100 feet (lbs)||Internal Diameter (min/max) inches||External Diameter (min/max) inches||Bend Radius (inches)|
|NOTE: All dimensions and weights are subject to normal manufacturing tolerances.|
|Trade Size (in)||Trade Size (mm)||Inside Diameter Min.||Inside Diameter Max.||Outside Diameter Min.||Outside Diameter Max.||Radii, (In)||lbs/100ft|