Installation Instructions MC-Stat® Type MC Cable
|1. Cut the cable to length needed and remove armor approximately 6-inches from end using a rotary cutting tool designed for use with Interlocked Metal-Clad Cable and remove armor.|
|2. Separate the bare aluminum grounding/bonding conductor from the cable assembly by folding the bare aluminum grounding/bonding conductor back approximately 120˚.|
|3. Cut the bare aluminum grounding/bonding conductor flush with the end of the armor using a suitable tool.|
|4. Use a fitting identified and listed* for use with a Metal-Clad Interlocking Armor Ground Cable (Type MCI-A), install the fitting per the manufacturer’s instructions.|
|5. Bond the cable, fitting, box and wiring device, as applicable, to provide an effective ground-fault current path to comply with NEC® 517.13(A). Terminate the green equipment grounding conductor to the device, the grounding screw or other grounding connection to comply with NEC® 517.13(B).|
- The combination of the metal armor and the bare aluminum grounding/bonding conductor is the effective ground-fault path in accordance with NEC® 250.118(10)(b).
- OPTIONAL INSTALLATION METHOD: Although not required, the bare aluminum grounding/bonding conductor may be terminated inside the box or enclosure provided the splices, connectors or terminations are suitable for the material of the conductor(s) to be used per NEC® 110.14.
- *The fitting must be listed and marked for use with “Metal-Clad Interlocking Ground Cable Type” or “MCI-A” where the armor is a component of the equipment grounding path.
- The green insulated equipment grounding conductor is an effective ground-fault current path in accordance with NEC® 250.118(1).
- Cable has two (2) grounding means:
- Armor/Bond-ground wire combination
- Green insulated grounding conductor in accordance with NEC® 250.118(10) (b) and 250.118(1).